Monday 6 October 2014

A Little About Me...

Hola people! 

My name's Rebecca -more commonly known as, and preferably referred to as Bex- and this is my brand new BLOOOOOOG!

I started thinking about a blogging roughly a year ago. Although, nothing ever came of it as I wasn't too confident that I'd have many exciting things to share, or that I would be that invested in regularly updating things online (as I'm a little bit dreadful). In some ways, I suppose that's good, as my life doesn't revolve around the Internet. However, creating a blog I feel will MAKE me more invested and hopefully will bring at least a little bit of joy to people who take a look at what's going on in my life! :) 

As the blog name suggests, I have a VERY eclectic taste. So much so, that when I eventually have my own house one day, it'll be a wacky, quirky, completely batshit crazy world! ;) Just the way I like things.


I hope to blog about many things! Plus-size fashion, arts & crafts, make-up, Glossybox reviews, shopping hauls, annual occasions, family, outings etc etc. You get the idea!

One thing, that I feel is very important to mention is my disability. It's a big part of my life, however it doesn't define me. I will be blogging about it, seeing as I hope to reach out to others who may suffer with the same as me, or even if you have a disability in general - whatever it may be! :)

Ok...a little bit about the D word. I suffer from may things, however the most predominant thing is Hyper-mobile Joint Syndrome. I've suffered with it since I was just a few months old and it basically means that the joints in my body are hyper-mobile. They dislocate easily and can bend in angles they're not supposed to - causing extreme pain. I also have M.E and scoliosis in my spine. I need a new body! But, all things considered, I manage pretty well. There are some days my body refuses to get out of bed (I bet you're thinking yours does too! ;)) and days where I sleep for 18 hours straight and still feel exhausted the next day. Life has it's ups and downs, but it's made me stronger every day. I use crutches constantly (because my hips are dodgy and painful) and on some occasions, a wheelchair. 

No. That does not mean it's fun when my other half teases he's going to let me go when going down a hill.... *raises eyebrow at said person* Hahaha.

When I met my other half Scott, I knew he was exactly that. My missing half. Without him I'd be less confident, less loved and completely lost.

I currently live at home with my mum, (and my adorable cat, Cairo! I love Egypt, so don't hate on the name ;)) but am hoping to move home within the next year or so! I'm looking forward to that new chapter of my life with Scott. 
I have a big sis who is as crazy as me. Well, so are her husband and two kids. I'm very close with my niece, Lauren and nephew Jack and we frequently enjoy making up songs, making crafts, driving the family nuts and being loud. And I wouldn't have it any other way!
My mum is one of the strongest people I know, and has encouraged me to be confident in life and go after what I want. Even if that means leaving the nest which of course, WILL be the end of the world for her. Bless her heart.






Top picture: Scott. Middle: Lauren & Jack. Bottom: Scott & I.

I hope people will find my blog funny, inspiring, and a joy to visit...hopefully making them return more and more!
I'm looking forward to seeing where my blogging journey takes me!

Until then, rock on!

Bex. xx
*Insert imaginary funky drawn skull here*
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great to get to know you a bit more...

    Looking forward to reading more from you, You write really well! I know how hard it is to write a blog, I have one set up ready to go, and haven't bothered to start it.. I'll get there one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey!
      I found getting used to Blogger the hardest part as I'm not much of a computer genius haha.
      You should definitely get your blog out there. I've been surprised at the viewings I've had and also pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to get the hang of it all.
      I'm enjoying it so much! x

      Delete
  2. You sound like so much fun! I too recently started a blog. I think I'm going to subscribe to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ashley! I'm glad you think so :)
      And, yes, please do subscribe!
      What's your blog name? I'll go and check it out. x

      Delete

© Eclectic Bex. All rights reserved.
Blogger template by pipdig