Monday 8 December 2014

Christmas Tag!

*sings* It's the moooost won-der-ful tiiiiiiime, of the yeeeeeeear!

Hola people!

I was tagged, once again from the fabulous Louise over on LouiseBloggs to do a Christmas Tag! Thanks Louise! :D
It's without a doubt, the best time of year and I go CRAZY when the festivities start!
Although I absolutely love Halloween, the happiness and joy that Christmas brings will always be the best time of the year in my opinion. 


So, lets begin the questions!

Q1. What are your favourite Christmas Movies?
 A: I have so many! I'd say that pretty much all of them are much loved by a wide populace though. 

White Christmas
The Grinch
The Santa Clause
Love Actually
The Holiday
Muppets Christmas Carol
The Nightmare Before Christmas!
See...too hard to just pick one. :P

Q2: Do you open your Christmas presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?

A: It's a tradition in my family to open one small present on Christmas Eve before we go to bed! Just so we can keep our excitement tamed a little! Haha
It started when my mum decided to let my brother do it when he was little as the excitement of it Christmas Day the next day was clearly too much to handle. Lol!
Now, my sister does it with her children too! 
Other than that, we all open our presents on Christmas morning! I feel so sorry for those who have to wait until after dinner to open them. Torture I tell you!

Q3: Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?

A: There are lots of memories that come to mind about Christmas (as there would be) but I think one of my most remembered memories is last year when my partner Scott and I spent our first Christmas together - not actually on the 25th but on the 20th instead. We couldn't see each other on the day as some of his family had come a long way to see him and his parents, so we agreed to have our own Christmas Day to ourselves and spend the 25th with our families. Despite being together as a couple for just 3 months, (though, we were friends for a long while before that) it was incredibly special and he bought me amazing gifts! Things that truly meant a lot to me.

A favourite childhood memory that I have is the year I got my bike. In 2005 I think it was(aged 10), I learnt to ride a bike! So, for that Christmas I desperately wanted a 'big girl's bike'. Specifically a purple and silver one with awesome gears that I'd seen in Toys R US when my mother mysteriously took me there to look at bikes... ;)
Come Christmas Day, I didn't open any present that looked like a bike, so as a kid, I thought Santa hadn't brought me one. However, when I was clearing up my shrredded wrapping paper, my mum told me there was one more present to open, but I could only have it if I managed to find it! I set off hunting the house only to finally see a long box behind the sofa...and it was my bike! Trust me, it sounds weird that I missed a huge box hiding behind the sofa, however the box wasn't very deep and the bike had to be assembled! Lol So, that answers that question ;)


Q4: Favourite festive food?

A: Besides a Roast Dinner (NOM NOM NOM) I love having sausage rolls at Christmas. I can fondly remember standing at the kitchen worktop with my mum, using a pastry brush to put milk onto the frozen sausage rolls and having them for breakfast whenever we want - alongside lots of nibbles! 

Q5: Favourite Christmas Gift?

A: I've been so lucky every year to receive such amazing gifts. One of the best has to be a ring that my mum got me one year. Another would be a book on skulls that my sis got! It's so perfect for me! And a fab one from Scott would be my Heath Ledger filmcell display of him as The Joker. He's my favourite actor (I'll have you know, he was my favourite before his Joker role) and I adored him. Scott knows just how much I love him and so the filmcell display containing 10 filmcells from the actual film 'The Dark Knight' is amazing to me. I can not tell you how excited I was to be holding something so unique and personal to me! :)

Q6: Favourite Christmas scent?
A: Hmmmm. This may sound weird, but the smell of tinsel is a winner with me. Feel free to call me a weirdo as you'd be right ;)
I don't particularly like the smell of cinnamon which seems to be everywhere when Chrsitmas arrives! I also love the smell of baked sausage rolls at Christmas. As I mentioned before, they bring back fond memories and they taste great too!

Q7: Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
A: Apart from opening a small present each before we go to bed on Christmas Eve - I can't really think of any other traditions. The child in me, still likes to leave a glass of milk and a mince pie out as it's such a cute thing to do. Seeing as there are no little ones in my house, it can be a little boring without the excitement that children bring at Christmas. Only now, I'm aware that Scott (who's initials ALSO happen to be S.C! ;)) is the one who drinks the milk and has the mince pie. Piggy <3

Q8: What tops your tree?
A: Since I have been decorating the tree (and not my mum so much), we have a sparkly star on top! When I was younger and didn't dare step toward the tree when it was being decorated, my mum preferred an Angel on top. Usually one with a huge dress, big wings and would likely fall off 5 times a day. ;)

Q9: As a child what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
A: 1) A fez. Not a Turkish one, an Egyptian one (VERY important detail). I didn't get a fez for Christmas, but I got one when Scott and I became a couple. He proudly presented me with one when he came to my Sisters wedding. Awwww ;)
2) A dog! (Come on, what child doesn't ask for a dog?!)
3) Disney Monopoly. I didn't get this at the time, as it was too expensive for my mum to afford, which is ok, because I got many other amazing presents every year! :)

Q10: What is the best part about Christmas for you?
A: When all the family come together, whether it be on Christmas Day or near it. I love it! I love my niece and nephew dearly and all of us have a hilarious time when together. Also, one of my other favourite parts is buying presents for people and wrapping them! I love wrapping presents and making them look amazing!

Sooooo, that's my Christmas Tag! 

I hope you enjoyed reading! And if you're a blogger yourself, give it a go, as it certainly makes you think and bring back many memories. 

There are a few bloggers I'd like to tag too!

@EmmaVictoriaaa
@ChasingRubies2
@NicoleTopToToe
@homelifeheather
@thefloralnorth

Go and follow these lovely ladies as they all have awesome blogs! :)


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!


Rock on!

Bex.xx
*Insert imaginary funky drawn skull here*



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the tag hun, am going to to do tomorrow :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! Looking forward to seeing your answers! :) x

      Delete

© Eclectic Bex. All rights reserved.
Blogger template by pipdig