Wednesday 3 December 2014

Makeup Revolution Haul!

Hola people!

Through recently discovering Makeup Revolution online at Superdrugs, I headed to their website and was amazed at the brilliant quality of their products and just how affordable they are. The have everything that is essential to your make-up bag and also many wonderful eye-shadow palettes and extras. So, here is my new Makeup Revolution Haul!
*picture heavy post coming up*


Products & Prices:


In order to qualify for Free Shipping, you have to buy £30 worth or more...so I did! I didn't originally intend to buy many things, but I got a little carried away once I saw all the fabulous items ;)




 I'd seen many amazing reviews on the Give Them Nightmares palette and considering my love for dark things and purple being my favourite colour, I had to buy this! The cover is beautiful and the shades of eyeshadow are so beautifully gothic. When I look at the palette, it makes me think of Maleficent, as so many of the colours are key to her look. One of my favourite Disney characters and of course, a major hit this year with the new Angelina Jolie movie version. I think it's an essential to any makeup lovers bag.



 


 I'm so over the moon that Makeup Revolution offer such wonderful lipsticks and only at £1 each! You so can't complain at that.
I bought two shades - Black Heart and Serpent. The names are self explanatory to the colours. I've always been a lipstick girl. I don't tend to like gloss very much as I find it...well, too glossy! LOL
These give your lips a very moisturised feel and last a long time on your lips. An all around perfect lipstick I'd say!


Now, a lip lacquer I've never tried. But THIS. Omg this! It's BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE IT! It goes on as a gloss and dries as a matte. It stayed on, literally for about 11 hours!! Not once did it smudge, or flake. SO impressed with it. I shall be buying many more of these in future. The shade is perfect too and has since become one of my favourite ones to use. I used to feel conscious wearing dark lipsticks (even though I love them) seeing as I have plumpish lips. But I think the colour looks very flattering! :P



This is the first time I've ever bought a Brow Kit. I've never been too keen on HD brows, so mine look quite minimal compared to most! Haha. But I thought, at £2.50, why not?! Bargain price and I can teach myself how to get more defined eyebrows. From what I've used of the powders, they're very light and the mini brush you get to apply it with is very handy, though I feel the bristles could do with being a lot thinner to get a more precise line.


Bronzer. Another thing I'm not overly obsessed about, but I didn't have one in my make-up bag so I got one. Despite it's dark-ish colour, it actually goes on quite lightly which is great seeing as I would only need a little for my fair-ish skin. It flips out, and has a lovely mirror and circular sponge in the back to keep it nice and compact :)

So, considering I'm into facepaint and creating fun looks with it, I took a look at The One Foundation from Makeup Revolution and thought, that shade 1 being pure white, could be a brilliant alternative to caking on the white facepaint when I'm facepainting. The bottle needs a good ol' shake before applying and does come out quite runny. However, it applies beautifully and gives you very good coverage! I've yet to try building it up with layers and other makeup or facepaint on top, but I can tell that it'll be easy to work with in future. Hell yeeeeeeah. They do 16 shades, so be sure to check out the range!


Now, the eye dust, I bought specifically for a winter themed look I'm hoping to do in December! Shhh, I didn't just tell you that. ;)
It's exactly what it says and looks like. A shimmer powder. Can't get more self explanatory than that! £1 a bottle and I can imagine, a little will go a long way! I've yet to try this also, but will of course be mentioning it again once I have.


And last, but certainly not least....the Defence Anti Bacterial Serum and Primer! This is lovely stuff. Applied just before putting makeup on, it primes your face ready to keep your makeup in place (ha! That rhymed!) and has done a brilliant job on me so far. It doesn't particulaly smell of anything, so you're all good there. I tend to find, face creams that have a strong smell make ones eyes water a lot. Not good when wanting flawless eye makeup ;) And a little goes a long way I find. I have noticed a difference on how my makeup stays on, being that it stays put! Seeing as my skin is dry in some areas and oily in others, this primer has helped both problems. It stops the oily-ness coming through (as does my makeup) but also hydrates those problematic dry patches. A must have primer for your makeup bag I reckon!



So...that's about it! I thoroughly enjoyed unwrapping these items within my parcel and can't wait to buy more new things from Makeup Revolution. If you've used any of these products, let me know what you cherished or despised. Don't forget, links to the exact products are in pink. Go click crazy! 

Until the next post, Rock On!

Bex.xx
*Insert imaginary funky drawn skull here*

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've got quite a few of their palettes and placed an order for some more stuff! Inlove their Eyeshadows, such great quality! It's a great idea to use their foundation for ace painting x

    Farzana | Aspiring Londoner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Their eyeshadows are brilliant! The lip lacquer has to be my favourite product from them. Long lasting and an amazing colour!! :) I used the foundation for the face painting, though it was a little too runny. However, it did build up layers very well! xx

      Delete

© Eclectic Bex. All rights reserved.
Blogger template by pipdig