Saturday 29 November 2014

Photoshoot Fun!

Hola people!

Well...I have a VERY exciting post to share. Saturday 15th Nov, I had the absolute AWESOME privilege of going along to a photo-shoot, organised by Unique Perceptions to facepaint someone as a...wait for it....a SKULL!! I know!? It couldn't have been any more appropriate for a skull lover such as me!

A little on how I was contacted....
In my area, there's a lot of positive work going on to help those who are isolated in their homes to be creative and get out into the community more. Creatabot Southeast, organised by Natasha Steer, helped me this year, by getting me involved with a CreataboX project. Whereby, I was sent lots of lovely arts and crafts to create and put into small dispense balls that would be distributed in a machine, and would be a lovely little gift for people who chose to buy one. 
Through knowing Natasha, she contacted me with an opportunity to work with Stewart Perrin from Unique Perception Photography. An awesome, freelance photographer, who needed a volunteer to help achieve the photo-shoot he was creating.

We chatted and I got the details for what facepaint he was after and I was over the moon when he said he was after a Skull look. EXCELLENT!

So, come Saturday, I went along to a studio and met the wonderful Danny (the model) and got on with my work! I had previously practiced the facepaint on myself, to help refine my skills. I think it came in handy too! I was rather nervous as I'm not a professional, but I really wanted Stewart to be pleased with the look, so I did my best!



I'd love it if you went and checked out his pages! His work that I've seen, is amazing and I would love the chance to work with him again. It was a truly brilliant day! I had so much fun with them all, and also got to meet another great Photographer, Paul Wicks: Blind Luck Photography. I got to have my partner Scott with me too, who thoroughly enjoyed himself also ;)
Find them all here:
Unique Perceptions Website
Unique Perceptions Twitter and Instagram
Blind Luck Photos Twitter and Instagram
Creatabot Southeast Twitter and Instagram
Danny's Twitter and Instagram

Below, I'll show some photo's I took myself, during the shoot and also, some favourites of Stewart's photo's that he kindly agreed to let me show on here!
Remember to click the pink links and check out these amazing people and their work!
Enjoy!

A few pics from behind the scenes:


 

Stewart's Photos:



 


**The above 7 photo's aren't owned by me. Copright Stewart Perrin.**

Woo! I hope you enjoyed reading about my Saturday venture!
Until next time, Rock On!

Bex.xx
*Insert imaginary funky drawn skull here*

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Eclectic Bex. All rights reserved.
Blogger template by pipdig