Monday 3 November 2014

Liebster Award Q and A

Hola people!

I was nominated by the lovely Louise, over on LouiseBloggs to take part in the Liebster Award Q and A! From what I can gather, its a chain post of sorts, helping new bloggers get noticed! A very helpful thing for us newbies :)


Rules:
1. Answer the questions sent to you.
2)  Nominate 11 bloggers who have under 100 followers on Twitter
3)  Ask them 11 questions of your own.
4)  Notify them that you've nominated them.


Thank you Louise for my nomination! Here are my answers:

Q1: Which blog was the first blog you ever subscribed to?
A: As soon as I signed up to Blogger, I headed straight to Zoella and MelonLadyI followed their blogs just as a casual onlooker, but I've followed both of them on YouTube for a while and I adore their vlogs. I never knew just watching someone go about their day-to-day life could be so entertaining!

Q2: Which beauty item are you currently obsessing over?
A: Maybelline Master Graphic Eyeliner in Black. I purchased it from Superdrugs, (link Here). I've never been an eyeliner genius. In fact, many times I've despised trying to put it on.  But I've tried so many eyeliners in the past and this one has been brilliant in helping me achieve the cat-eye look I love. I'll likely do a proper review of it soon!

Q3: Where did you find your inspiration for your blog design?
A: As is probably quite obvious, I have quite a basic blog design, but the key thing for me when designing it was that I wanted it to reflect my personality. So, I picked my favourite colours: Purple, Black and White. I found the background damask print on Google images, and seeing as I've always loved that kind of pattern, it fit rather well! The only thing I wish I could add, is more funky skulls ;) I was nervous about making it look too professional, as basically...I don't know how. HA! 

Q4: If you could interview anyone for your blog, who would you pick?
A: MadeYewLook by Lex. She. Is. AMAZING! As a person who's always been into facepaint and art, I was overjoyed when I discovered Lex on YouTube, a couple of years ago. I've always sat in my own room, doing my own make-up/facepaint looks, but I am always totally blown away by her talent. If I could interview her, it'd be very exciting! Though I'd probably embarrass myself with how awe-struck I would be. Nobody likes a suck up...except maybe a straw... ;)

Q5: Where do you look for inspiration when you are struggling with writers block?
A: I tend to take a break from what I'm trying to write. Chill for a bit, either reading or watching TV. Then I visit a few of my new favourite blogs, such as She Might Be Loved and Anchors Away Beauty (they've both been awesome inspiration for me whilst getting my blog going) and I take a look at how long or short their posts are, or if a certain layout they've used looks cool etc. And lastly, I remind myself to have fun when I'm writing!

Q6: Which make-up product is at the top of your Christmas list this year?
A: Mac Cosmetics Rocky Horror Picture Show collection. 
Oh. My. GOD. Not only do I love the film, but the collection looks amazing and is an absolute must-have! My only qualm with Mac is how expensive they are. So, I'm not sure I'll be receiving the products from Santa anytime soon. Though, if my boyfriend really loved me (and didn't mind being broke for a while), he might take a look at the Rocky Horror Lipstick - shade 'Sin'. Your initials aren't S.C for nothing, Conchie ;)

Q7: Who is your fashion Inspiration?
A: I wouldn't say I have many fashion idols as such. I tend to look at other Plus-size bloggers and take notice of what clothes look good on them and compare what might look ok for my shape. Generally, my fashion tends to be whatever I want it to be. I stick to comfortable clothes and lean towards jeans more than skirts, and black tops rather than lot of different colours. Since setting up my blog though, I've been making more of an effort to take notice of the fashion trends ;)

Q8: If you could only own makeup from one brand, which would it be?
A: Either Makeup Revolution because they're a new discovery of mine and I think they're brilliant and super affordable. OR, MAC, because they're known as the best aaaand, I don't own ONE MAC product...which I'd like to change! Haha 

Q9: What's your favourite blogging subject?
A: Though I've not done many posts as my blog is rather new...my favourite one was the Bex's Beastly Looks as I love creating looks using face-paint and showing people. I suspect that that will be my favourite blogging subject :)

Q10: Aside from blogging, what are your other hobbies?
A: Art & Crafts, practising makeup/ facepaint looks, chilling with all kinds of music, watching Disney films (among other genres too) but c'mon, Disney IS the best right? ;)
Of course, I love spending time with my boyfriend and family, if you can call that a hobby? Lol I quite like discovering new people and watching my favourite people on YouTube. Recently, I've been on a video binge, watching MadeYewLooks make-up creations. SHE'S AMAZING! As I've already said above... Seriously though. Check. Her. OUT!

Q11: If you weren't blogging, how would you be spending your free time?
A: Doing most things mentioned in the previous question! :)


Thank you once again Louise, for tagging me to do this challenge/Q&A. 

Ok, so it may seem like I'm cheating seeing as I'm not going to tag 11 people. But in all honesty, I struggled to find many new bloggers who had UNDER 100 followers like myself (maybe I'm missing something?), so I'm tagging those I could find and if anyone else takes note of this post, feel free to do the challenge yourself and please tag me so I can read your answers! :)

I tag:
@justpoached
@Gabbslife
@shotsofsparkle
@GoldenBairn
@country_mousie

My questions to you are:
1. What was the first beauty product you ever bought?
2. What's your favourite time of year?
3. Favourite season?
4. If you could meet any famous person in the world, who would it be and why?
5. Spots or stripes?
6. Can you name 3 beauty products that are in your make-up bag, without looking?
7. Aside from blogging, what are your hobbies?
8. Tea or coffee?
9. Favourite beauty product and why?
10. What's the most expensive beauty product you've ever bought?
11. Why did you decide to start blogging?



I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. Until next time,

Rock on!

Bex. xx
*insert imaginary funky drawn skull here*

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hi Bex

    Thank you for answering my questions. I loved reading your answers!

    Much love
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Louise! Glad you liked them :)
      Thank you for tagging me!
      xx

      Delete

© Eclectic Bex. All rights reserved.
Blogger template by pipdig